Sunday 24 December 2017

Merry Christmas everyone

Health and happiness to everyone.....


Just wanting to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and to say thank you for following me this year.

Quick round up


...of the last few weeks.

We took Rocco on his first holiday - we went to Brixham at the beginning of December.  It was wonderful.  We spent time with our friends Simon and Claire who loved Rocco too. We stayed in the most amazing property right on the harbour with gorgeous views and a huge bath tub!!

Rocco loved it - his first experience of a town, the sea, a beach, a cafe, a restaurant.  He did get covered by a wave though and didn't like that much (we, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious!!).







Rocco also experienced his first snow with us and LOVED it, and for the first time in ages, his paws were all pink and clean.  It was lovely to see him leaping about and catching snowballs.



He also had his first trip to the dog groomers (my friend Michelle has her own parlour) and he was really good - I was so chuffed.

Scarlett and my brother came down to visit last weekend and we went on our annual ice skate, which was lots of fun, then dad, Scarlett and I played lots of black jack in the evening



And Susie and I hosted our second band night on Fri 22 Dec and raised just over £3000 for the Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven.  What a way to end our fundraising for the year.  We were so chuffed.




Health


Well, mine has (touch wood) been OK - still going for the monthly jabs (although my denosomab is now going down to once every two months.

However, people around me haven't been having so much luck.

Tim has had an horrendous stomach bug leaving him off work for over a week and half.  In context, Tim has very good health, so I go to pot a bit when he isn't well as I am the 'ill' one.  He had to miss his work's Christmas party, seeing Star Wars with the boys and his annual ice skate and karaoke session with Scarlett. It's been pants (literally).

Sadly my mum (just this morning) has been diagnosed with mild pneumonia and has been incredibly poorly for nearly two weeks, so Christmas won't be the same without her this year (Tim and I will be taking round a Christmas dinner for her).

And my wonderful friend Helen is currently in hospital having been diagnosed with cancer on her brain and in her spine (like me) and suffering from the side effects of steroids and radiotherapy.  I mean - what a total pile of arse!!

The last couple of weeks have been difficult from that point of view, but friends and family are rallying around as usual being awesome.

So, as I write this on Christmas eve, be thankful for your health, family and friends.

Lots of love to you all.

Thank you again for your support.

Kate. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Kate, as always, your blog post is so inspirational...Merry Christmas to you and your all your family. Have a lovely time xx🎄🎅xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.