Tuesday 22 January 2019

The one none of us wants to read or believe

Thank you all


It is with a heavy heart that I am writing this blog, but the time has now come.

Unfortunately, we have received the devastating news that my liver cancer is now not controllable and I have no further treatment options available to me.

This is likely to come as a shock as I know just a couple of weeks ago I said I was starting a new set of chemotherapy drugs and there was some hope.  I was able to tolerate six sessions of this drug but was told last Friday that my cancer was not responding to it and is now ravaging my body.

Therefore I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been following me.

I know you will respect my wishes that I now want to spend as much time as possible with my family and very close friends with as much time as I have.

Legacy


I hope that I may have inspired you in some way with how I have handled my time with cancer and how it hasn't always 'got in the way'.

Cancer has brought some wonderful things and opportunities to my life, and has pushed me to do things I may not have done otherwise.  I am so proud of what I have achieved as a woman, as a woman with cancer, as an awareness raiser, as a fundraiser.  For Susie and I to have had a room named after us at the Worcestershire Breast Unit is one of my proudest achievements.

I know I couldn't have done all of this without my incredible family and friends and to them I will be forever grateful.

I hope I have also made you smile and would like to remind you to be kind always and try and give back where you can.  I can't tell you what fundraising and awareness raising has brought to my life.  It has enhanced and enriched it.

So it's time to say goodbye and thank you and I'm sending my love to all.

Please enjoy your life. Don't have regrets.  Don't put things off.  Don't take your health for granted. Time is so precious.

Yours always,
Kate. xx


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kate. There are no words. Love goes out to you and to all of your family and dearest friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lost for words, but I will never forget you, your strength, wisdom and wit. You are an inspiration and always will be. Sending you very much love. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kate, what an impact you have had on us all, with your strength, wisdom and amazing humour. I will always remember you in your 80's outfit at my first sing out with the choir and your energy at our choir sessions, you always sang your heart out and rocked out to the upbeat songs. You truly are an inspirational woman. Sending lots of love to you and your family beautiful lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an inspiration Kate with everything you have achieved and the way you have handled everything! I admire you for being who you are and dealing with things the way you do. Enjoy time with your love ones <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate I am so sorry to hear this news you have been a true inspiration to all women and your strength and all the hard work you have done over the years to raise money and awareness will forever be remembered. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Sending all my love to you and to your family x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate the impression you have left on this world will live long. May your time with your family be as peaceful as possible. We never met but I admire everything you’ve done and achieved. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Kate......you are an inspiration .....a strong beautiful woman x my love to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots and lots of love to all of youxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. As someone with stage 4 cancer this is so hard to read but in some way it makes me proud. You have been an inspiration to so many and still have so much dignity at such a touch time. Please be kind to yourself and surround yourself with love. You deserve it. Sending so much love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for who you are & what you’ve given & shared. Bless you as you say your reluctant goodbyes

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an inspiration to us all & so courageous, my heart goes out to you and your family, sending much love and thinking of you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to add that I only heard about your story
    Kate through my lovely work colleague Ellie Shimmy Cooper James and have followed your personal experience with interest as I work in oncology. What a truly inspirational lady you are. You have definitely left a legacy. sending love peace and warmth to you and your friends and family. Thank you for sharing your story xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending all love, Kate. You are an extraordinary and inspirational woman. Ria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad to hear this - I don't know you personally and have never met you but your blogs have been such an inspiration and education on the bloody wicked C ... a fried of mine is having a double mastectomy on Tuesday, and what you have taught me is that you don't want to be wrapped in cotton wool, or the C word being 'the elephant in the room' that people don't like to, or feel uncomfortable addressing. Your words of experience and wisdom on the Cancer front has provided me with the ability to keep my sense of humour when I talk to and see her and just deal with it head on. I would not have been able to do this without reading about your own courage and fantastic sense of humour dealing with your trials. Thank you Kate ... it has been an honour to read your personal and frank blogs. Love to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Kate. No words seem right. I found your account on instagram not so long ago. But ever since I have admired your bravery and the way you shared your story. Thank you for passing on the courage we all need. May your final days be spent with loved ones. Sending my love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kate, you are a wonderful woman. Such strength, courage and good humour, you truly are an inspiration to us all. All our love and hugs. Fiona & Bob xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are incredible. Strong, funny, energetic, warm and truly someone to admire. I am so so sad to read this and sending love to you and your lovely family and friends xxx Jen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Kate,

    I have been following your blog for sometimes now and just wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your sad news.

    You helped many people out in so many ways, you have been an amazing example of courage in the face of adversity for all those who know you personally and also for those, who know you only through your blog.

    You leave behind a lasting legacy as a good wife, daughter, granddaughter, aunt, sister and a friend. Those who know you will never forget you.

    I just wanted you to know that I pray for you, asking God to comfort you and your family in this very difficult time and to give you strength and peace.

    With love,
    Your unknown friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Kate, you are truly an inspirational woman and I have laughed and cried reading your blog, but learned so much. Lots of love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You will always be the girl with the guts to sing 'it's getting hot in here'. I think of you frequently, and always will. Much love to you, Tim and your family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Kate I am absolutely heartbroken to hear this. As everyone has said, you are one incredible and gorgeous girl - unique, amazing and an absolute legend. If I could have absolutely anything in the world it would be the elixir of life for you and others like you. Sending you, your family and all your friends my love and thoughts. Gaynor xxxx

    ReplyDelete