Friday 27 January 2017

Glowing

Zap 1 COMPLETE



Quick, painless, quite calming overall.  They even played the radio while having the radio!

The oncology centre is a credit to the Worcestershire Royal Hospital.  The staff are all so friendly.

I had to take my top off, lie on the radiotherapy bed then I could see my reflection in the linear accelerator machine (which is what zaps you) as I was covered in a red laser ruler.  The two radiographers called out all sorts of numbers and marked over my tattoo and lined me up.

Then they left the room and the whole thing probably took about five minutes, first the front and then the machine moves around your body and then zaps the back.  It makes a noise but nowhere near as noisy as the MRI scan.

All four remaining appointments booked in for Mon - Thurs next week at various times each day.

I mentioned that at the radio mark up last week they said Dr C would look through the CT scan to have a look to see if anything had been missed (as I am now having pain in my sides). They therefore emailed him to remind him and we will hopefully have an answer about that at Monday's appointment.

Right, here's to the weekend which will be spent with my amazing husband and fab friends.

Whatever you're all doing, have a bloody great one!  WHOOP.

Love to all, Kate. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.